Did you know?
- About 62% of parents are not saving adequately for their child’s college education.
- A mere 56% of American families have a college savings strategy.
- A surprising number of parents—47% of Gen Z and 35% of millennials—are unsure of how much to save or how to go about preparing to save for college.
We are particularly mindful in planning for our client families to focus on saving for college. While everyone cannot save the full cost of college, all can get a good start on savings with regular contributions to 529 accounts or savings accounts.
My two quick tips:
- Consider Starting Early: Even small, regular contributions can add up over time.
- Know Your Choices: Various college savings tools are available. One of them may be a fit for your situation.
Feel free to contact me to explore how preparing for college can fit into your overall financial strategy.
There’s an old saying, “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, but the next best time to plant a tree is today.”
Get started today and grow your college savings for the future.